Friday, June 8, 2007

June 8, 2007

I'm bouncing through all of the activities that have resurfaced now that my complete family is home! I'm glad their back! Their time in Honduras was life-changing and Shelby is ready to go back! I'm not sure what it is that is drawing her back but I am trying to really listen to her and her heart and find out why...she loved the kids there and she thoroughly enjoyed Mark and Paula...maybe it was just something different, where it seemed that being totally dependent on God is a necessity rather than seeing it as an "option" while she is at home. I'm not sure but we'll talk about it more as the days settle in.

Alix is having 2/week cheerleading practices and it's kicking her backside!! She loves it, though. She loves working out (yuk!) and feeling a difference in how she feels. I guess I need to do some kind of working out. I like to walk, but w/it being in the 90's here already and not cooling down much in the evenings, I don't like walking outside. Maybe a treadmill...?!? I doubt it. Then I would complain that there's nothing to look at while you're walking like there's so much to look at when you walk outside. I hear that you're fully committed to things you want to do, so maybe I'm not fully committed yet! Pray for me that I figure out some form of exercise since I need to do it not only to decrease my weight capacity but to feel better and look better...I'm getting really close to having those arms that wave in the wind without having to move my arm at all!

I have an answer to prayer. Some of you may know about the situation, but most may not. I'll just say that Shelby did make a huge decision in the form of a positive choice this week that I know was very hard for her but we feel God is really trying to grab ahold of her and bring her back to Him. It's a rather long story, or maybe uninteresting to most, but suffice it to say, it's a huge step for her and a decision that will have a forever life blessing and have far greater impact on her than what she was opting to choose before. If you want to know, I'll share w/you individually, but just remember that we do serve a mighty God who is bigger than anything or any situation that we think he isn't concerned about or that He doesn't have time to deal with!

Mike's trying to get back in the groove of things at work. He thoroughly enjoyed his time in Honduras and speaks of it frequently yet I think he's glad to be back to a nice, air-conditioned, sit-down job! He said he doesn't see how Mark and Paula do all they do on a daily basis but he's so thankful that he got an opportunity to go for several days and I'm sure he'll be going again with Shelby in tow!

I'm going to close for now. No humor today, sorry guys! Still too tired from catching up on all of the sleep I didn't get while Mike was away! I guess I just kept going because I knew I had to but now that he and Shelby are home, I'm wiped out!! I will post a scripture or two later. I'm doing a Bible study of sorts w/Shelby (and trying to get Alix to do it!) and am finding familiar scripture in a whole new light! Check back later to see what I'm finding in God's love letter to me!

Good day, mate!
m

No comments:

Post a Comment