Saturday, June 2, 2007

June 2, 2007

Ever have one of those days recently where you just didn't feel like doing anything? Just didn't feel good but couldn't put your finger on it? That's my day today...not sure why I feel so yucky, but I do. Part of it is soreness from bowling yesterday...yes, bowling =-) Used some muscles I haven't used in a while! Then, I'm just tired, foggy and just not all here. Alix abandoned me to go hang out with Mamaw and Papaw since she knew this was another day at home! Just glad she can get out and have something to do!

She keeps text messaging me wanting to get a puppy =-( She's in Decatur w/my mom and dad and every weekend in the Walmart parking lot, people bring their puppies, kitties, etc to be given away or sold. You'd think she'd know better than to put that temptation in front of her, but NO, she thinks she has to have this one...it's the cutest one ever (since the last time she was there!) Poor Archie's getting thrown under the bus for a cuter, younger model. But he's such a good boy! Now Rosie, on the other hand...where is that bus?!! (JK) Of course I told Alix absolutely NO on the puppie yet she keeps texting me with all of the "I'll pay for the shots, I'll train it over the summer, etc" It seems I've heard this before-no, wait-I still have the paper she wrote up when she wanted to get Archie and I dangle it in front of her face every once in awhile showing her all of the things she "promised she would do" if she got him. Ah-ha! Got her on that one!

We'll be going out to Aurora Baptist tonight for their service. It's very small in attendance on Saturday nights, but that's not so bad. At least you're recognized and called by name by most! After church we're going to Zio's. I've got my free dinner coupon that they gave out on Mother's Day when we were there. Nothing like a fairly cheap dinner! Nothing like pasta to sit on your hips for the next several years!! Well, it's good anyway so we'll enjoy it tonight and pay for it tomorrow =-)

That's about it. Just a lazy, don't-feel-good kind of day yet assured of the nearness of my Savior and the comfort that He gives in the quiet times.
Smiles and hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment