Sunday, June 10, 2007

June 10, 2007

This weekend has flown by for us, how about you? It's like Friday evening comes and the next day is Monday morning! And of course, all activities begin on Monday so it all starts all over again! How about all of you guys? Any plans for the summer, vacations, company visiting, moving? I know some of you have already been out of town and some are tied here like I am but it's good to just have some time not running back and forth to school!

The race last night was fun. All three "girls' that raced finished and didn't wreck at all. Danicka Patrick finished 3rd if that means anything to anyone! Again, I'm more Nascar but it was fun just the same. There was the typical flyover before the race which always gives me goosebumps! I love that! Then there were 3 parachuters that landed in the speedway and that was cool, too! I say that I'd love to do that sometime but not sure that I'd ever be brave enough to follow through! So, I've told my girls that when I die to throw my ashes from an airplane so I could finally "skydive"!

My jetsetter, Shelby, is gearing up to go to church camp leaving on Father's Day. This time she's only going to Clayton, OK, so not quite as far as Honduras! This coming week starting tomorrow, they're having a teen revival at Aurora Baptist Church so the girls will be out there every night. Alix is still a little hesitant about meeting new people (who does she get that from?!) but hopefully she'll hook up with some girls and start to build some friendships. Anyway, Shelby is still ready to go back to Honduras! I ask her what it is that she misses and she says "I don't know, I just do!" Maybe the simplicity of the lifestyle, the structure and routine or maybe just being away from home! Whatever it is, I am praying that God would use it to stir up ministry of some kind in her heart. I think that she feels that she needs to be out of the country in order to experience "mission" work which is more of an opportunity. But we can't always be out in the front lines of another country so Shelby needs to be alert and aware of mission opportunities where her mission field currently encompasses. Pray for her when you think about her that the work that God is doing in her life will continue to grow and flourish and that she will be open to receive the guiding and direction for her life.

Alix starts her cheerleading camp this week at the high school. She's excited about it, I think, because she'll be around the "high school cheerleaders" and she'll feel like one of the hot shots! She's really been getting pretty good workout at her practices so now she's ready to focus on the routines and dances that they'll use in their cheer season. Then the next week is volleyball camp AND cheer practices so that will be a busy week, too! I ask for prayer for Alix in the fact that she isn't as ready to jump into a church or youth group and that her walk with God seems to be on Sunday's. She reads her Bible and we're getting ready to start a study for the summer here at home, but she's very into "stuff" and "things" and she has such a desire to be famous and rich...It bothers me at times that her sights are focused on things that are temporary and fleeting at best when she already has in her life the only thing of lasting value in her relationship with Jesus Christ. Right now I think she sees that relationship as something you just do because that's what your parents do, it's not a meaningful relationship. I talk to her daily about chasing after "things" and how you're always striving for one particular thing and when you get it it doesn't mean as much the next day and you're on to the next thing that you "have to have". She listens and I know she hears me. And I hope that there isn't anything that I have encouraged her in to get her to be semi-materialistic. We haven't caved and bought her the $300 Coach or Dooney & Burke purse that she thinks she has to have because all of the 12 yr old girls have one! Can you believe that?!! They even carry Chanel bags to middle school!!!! How ridiculous! (sorry if that offends anyone...I just think it's crazy!) Anyway, I guess you get a general idea of where she is in her life at the moment.

I've probably rambled on and on about nothing interesting. That's why I love this thing...I can go on and on and "think" that someone is listening (reading) when I never really know if they are! At least I get out some things that are on my mind and you get to sit and go through each day with me, seeing it from my point of view!

If any of you decide to do a blog, fill me in on it! I love to read them to keep up with people that I don't see on a regular basis. I read about our friends in Honduras as they post on their website. Pray for them as they have such a heart for the boys that they have and the culture of people that surround them. I know God is using them to impact the boys life for eternity, whether the fruit of their labor is shown now or later only God knows. If you want, you can check out their blog and website. I have it on one of the links on the right of the page or you can link to www.jesuslovesthelittlechildren.org to see what they're all about!

Better go for now. I still have some things to get done and it's 11 p.m. I'm trying to start getting up between 6:30 a.m. and 7 a.m. which is HUGE for me. I know some of you are up much earlier than that, but for me, anything before 9 a.m. is "early"! I get so much more done when I get up earlier and I especially get that one-on-one time w/my Heavenly Father that is so much sweeter before all the activities of the day begin!

Have a good day...rest and be blessed!
m

2 comments:

  1. Getting up at 6:30 or 7:00? How's that working for you? Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. working very well, thank you =-)

    ReplyDelete