Monday, June 4, 2007

June 4, 2007

It was the train again...for some reason, after 5 years of living here, I hear the train all of the time! And as I try to think why in the world he/she has to blare it's horn in bursts of 10-20 honks in the same amount of seconds, I can't figure it out! I think through the track route that I know of in our neck of the woods and for the life of me, I don't know why they do it! I'm on a mission now!

So, it was no "glorious" morning this morning...just frustration at being woken up at 6 a.m. I went in to the kitchen for my quiet time and coffee (great combination by the way!) and realized that today is finally the day that Mike and Shelby come home! It seems like they've been gone forever! I'm so thankful for most of modern technology especially when it keeps you in touch w/family and friends. I think back to when missionaries would leave to go to the mission field and it would be weeks or months or even years before their family heard from them. Now..IM'ing is the way to go! Of course, when it's one of my daughters (ahem-Shelby) who is on the computer for what seems like hours IM'ing I wish the thing had never been invented!

Speaking of children on the computer...I came up with a sign-up sheet for the summer for the girls to "sign up" for their time on the computer. I know...I'm weird and way overbearing, but I'm hoping it keeps some of the peace! They can sit here for hours and hours and when asked to get off say "But I just got on!" because they lose track of time (uh, huh-right) So, playing with my new found best friend of a spreadsheet program, I devised a sign up sheet in half hour intervals for them to duke it out for time =-) And yes, I do have a limit on it per day. Just call me the "mean mom" but I think there are better things to do w/your time than sit at a computer and type randomly about absolutely nothing...oh yeah, right...that's what I'm doing now!

I'll get off before my "mean daughter(s)" kick me off for their social pleasure!

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my hubby and oldest daughter!
m

No comments:

Post a Comment