Tuesday, June 12, 2007

June 12, 2007


With this week already into full swing, I feel my head spinning and my thoughts wondering how it's all going to work out. I have to take one to the high school from 10-3, pick her up, get home (about 20 min away-one way), fix dinner (hopefully with everyone in attendance but Mike is working late these days), and getting both girls back out to Aurora to attend the Teen revival that meets from 6:45-8:45 p.m. Since that's about a 30 minute drive one way, what do I do? Do I stay there and just hang out, go home to only have to turn around and come back, or go bug my mom for a couple of hours?! Head home after the revival is over and get back around 9:30 p.m. to get everyone ready to head to bed and get up to start it all over again! I know it's not as busy as some, but there are times that I wonder how it's all going to get done and when I'm going to have a chance to get done what I want to get done! Needless to say, I grumble before God.

Yesterday my quiet time was spent reading about the Israelites grumbling after their Exodus from Egypt. I know most of you are very familiar with that story but it hit me more so yesterday. I was the one grumbling like the Israelites because things weren't like they were in Egypt! Things for me aren't like they were when both girls weren't as involved w/everything and I had more time to myself. Things for me aren't like they were when the girls were at home all the time and took naps and didn't argue with me! Things were better when they were younger! WRONG!

God was faithful to show me that even though I wouldn't trade a moment of time when the girls were younger, it wasn't all fun and games and moments of solitude! Most of you know my health condition from when I had Alix up until she was about 2 or 3 yr old...I couldn't do anything for myself, I was going back and forth for labwork 3x/week; I was going to PT 3x/week or more; I had to have people walk me to and from wherever I needed to go and I couldn't sleep horizontally for quite sometime and I had 2 babies to care for! What was I thinking that things were so much easier then?!

God has also been faithful to deliver me from most of those ailments, at least from the severity of it. I am frequently thankful that I am able to take my kids where they need to go, walk without the assistance of others and only visit the doctor during those really bad times that aren't nearly as frequent as the past. I am thankful that I have two healthy girls who are able to be involved in the various things that they are in and keep my busy running all over the place! Why am I grumbling? God has provided for me!

I read this from Max Lucado that sort of hit the nail on the head for me so here's a link to it and I hope you take a moment to read it. It's not long, only a minute or two.
http://www.crosswalk.com/11540425/

I encourage you to look for the manna that God is faithful to provide for you. Don't take it for granted and don't try to store it up for later when you think you'll need Him more than you do now...it'll stink by then and you won't have had the opportunity to thank Him for supplying your every need!

Thankful to be dew-soaked...it means God loves me!
m

No comments:

Post a Comment