Friday, June 29, 2007

June 29, 2007



From rain saturated Texas...hello! Wow! I can't believe all of the rain we keep getting! It's totally unreal. I don't remember it ever being like this since we've been here! Even SixFlags was completely flooded! We're still no where close to being flooded at our home, but there are so many people that are going through total losses around the area. Pray for them when you get a chance. They're mostly low income families that don't know how they will be able to replace what they've lost. It's sad. Thankfully the Red Cross (yeah, Debbie!) is on hand helping them sort through and take steps forward.


I guess one of the biggest pieces of news is that a "friend" of Shelby's who has been a thorn in my side, went to church w/her on Wednesday and accepted Christ as his Savior! He even told us about it and said he was just so "stoked" =-? He's got a long way to go, but we all have a long way to go even if we've been Christians our whole lives! I am praying that he is able to blend in to a group of guys at the church and they will encourage him and help him begin and maintain his walk w/the Lord. His name is Ryan, by the way, if you can pray for him!


Alix is teaching Shelby her cheerleading dance routines and they perform them for us. I think Mike and I might even join in for a good workout! Of course Mike tries to ham it up for them and they end up in a heap of giggles =-) Not me, baby...I need the work out! My life has turned into nothing more than slug-material. I'm not motivated enough to do anything, yet at the same time I am. I like to walk but not in the heat, humidity, rain, etc...I guess in an air-conditioned controlled environment! The girls want to get a membership somewhere to work out, either in Roanoke or at the facility where Mike works. All I know is that I need to do something to get in shape and to hopefully lose a little bit of weight. Actually a lot-a-bit of weight would be good but I'd settle for 5-10.


Is anyone in the midst of a good Bible study? I'm using various things each day, but want to focus more on one thing. I haven't been in a structured Bible study for a while but love to study here at home. We did just get a new software program for home...for the schoolyear w/Shelby, too, but it looks really cool. It's called iLlumia. If you're interested in seeing how it works here's the link: http://www.ilumina.com/home/default.asp We ended up getting it from Christianbooks.com which is where I get alot of things these days! Anyway, I may check that out, too, especially if I don't hear back from anyone =-(


I'll close for now. The day is just starting and I have a lot to get done! Wish we could sit and talk over a cup of coffee =-)

No comments:

Post a Comment