Wednesday, June 13, 2007

June 13, 2007

Ok, so the waking up at 6:30 or 7:00 a.m. timeframe isn't working out very well =-) It's hard to get up that early when you don't go to bed before 1 a.m.!! So, my prayer this morning was that God would help me to use my time more wisely and go to bed earlier so I can get up earlier. I just can't get everything done in a day that I need to when I get up late! Although 9a.m.-10 a.m. has always been my time-of-choice for getting out of bed!!


We got some sad news today. A friend of Mike's and his sister, Kayrene, passed away yesterday. Tom Riddle grew up across the street from Mike and Kayrene and they all knew each other very well. He was even an usher in our wedding. He suffered from seizures and it appears that he had one while driving and ran off of the road, through a fence, etc. He has a little boy, maybe 3 or 4 yr old and Tom was an only child to Dottie and Russ Riddle. I'm sure the family is devastated beyond what I can comprehend. Please remember to pray for them all as they go through this really hard time in their life. And yes, he was a Christian so there is hope of seeing him again one day!


I also heard from another friend in Indiana today who we haven't seen in years! We keep in touch via Christmas cards every year, but we exchanged email addresses and she sent an email today! It is Daniel and Suzanne Amling from Valparaiso, IN. We lived across from them at Purdue and Dan and Mike were RA's together. It was great to hear from her and hope to be able to keep communication open again! We had some great times during those last couple of years of college at Purdue w/Dan and Suzanne! (pic below is an aerial view of Purdue)


God is continuing to do a good work in our lives. Again, I'll have to fill you in via email if you're interested! It's cool to see how prayers seem to be answered as the words escape our lips! God is good, don't you think?


A hello to my "peeps" in Nebraska and Michigan! Hope all is well in the northern part of the USA!


Time to get dinner in the works and get the girls ready for church tonight. Alix is pooped out after day #2 of cheerleading camp. Sounds like they are really working their tails off! It's good for her. Maybe she can teach us what she's learning!


Have a good evening!

m

No comments:

Post a Comment