Thursday, January 29, 2009

January 29, 2009

TV THURSDAY

It seems that a lot of bloggers these days address specific topics or are "gifted" in a particular area and share that knowledge with their readers.  Me? None of the above :)  I am starting to enjoy this (whether anyone reads it is a different story!) blog writing.  If I could get paid to do it I would, but the likelihood of that happening is slim since there are sooooooo many bloggers out there, some of whom I follow in my blog roll or on twitter.  They're all very good and I get inspired by most of them.  I don't ever see me being able to write that eloquently or knowledgeably (not even a word) but I write from my heart and my experiences.  I'm going to try a few things, see if they work. Trying to get a groove going, I guess.  So if you have any suggestions or ideas or something you'd like to know, I'm up for the challenge!  So with that being said, I've dubbed Thursday as TV THURSDAY!

Last night was another new episode of LOST...and I was very lost with all the twists and turns it showed last night!  My goodness!  I have my favorite part...my "a-ha!" moment and then there were some scenes that made me wonder why they gave us that bit of information.  But as a devout LOST follower, I know that the insignificant pieces always have significance at some point!  The time swap, or whatever it's called, is totally confusing me since it's hard to tell what time period they are in on the island, off the island, etc.  I am proud of myself, though, that I remembered way back when that Richard visited Locke as a child and told him he would be a leader!  But why didn't John remember that until now?  Maybe it's all starting to fall into place in his brain now, too! I'm anxious to see next weeks episode, but I may have to rent some past seasons and watch them and look for clues...(thanks for the idea J&J!)

We don't sit and watch TV all that much and when we do it's usually what is on the DVR so we may be a day or a week behind.  Just to give you an idea of what I  watch/record, it would be The Bachelor (guilty pleasure), House (just started watching this year), LOST, Life on Mars, Gilmore Girls (in syndication on ABC Family), King of Queens (in syndication but we never watched it until now..funny stuff!), and of course American Idol.  That's a start, I guess.  I won't review them all, but just so you don't think I'm pulling thoughts out of left-field... :)

I watched the most recent episode of The Bachelor last night.  I don't know why I watch this, but I do.  And every year I say I'm not going to watch again because I get so wrapped up in it that when it doesn't work out after the show, I'm devastated!  It's a girl thing, emotions and holding out for "true love"...like that'll happen in 6 weeks with cameras following your every move!  Anyway, I thought I had it picked out who J would pick and then I went to the message boards today and was totally wrong!!!  They're all saying that he picks Melissa (good name, BTW, and she's from Dallas!) or Jillian.  I'm not a big fan of Jillian's for some reason.  She just doesn't seem right for him.  I thought he looked the most comfortable w/Molly this week.  My first pick was Stephanie but they're really playing her up since she's got a child, so I'm guessing she's not his pick.  So, I guess time will tell what happens.  I think I read that the FRC (final rose ceremony) is March 2.

I've got House from this week to watch and the first episode of this season of Life on Mars.  If you haven't seen that show it's a good police show.  Same people that do Lost also do Life on Mars so there's a twist (of course).  The main guy is hit by a car in current day and age and is then transported  back to the 1970's.  It's interesting to see how far our country has come in 30 years!  Things we take for granted now hadn't even been thought of back then!  He tries to convince the precinct officers that he really is from the future and at times he has visions of his friends and family from the current time.  It sounds confusing, but it's a good show.  A little rough like NYPD Blue was, but good none the less.

That's pretty much all I've got right now.  Everyone is starting to come home after school and work so my train of thought has been derailed.

Tomorrow=Favorite Friday (or something like that)
stay warm!
m

No comments:

Post a Comment