Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 14, 2009

TESTS

First of all let me start by saying that I got a text from Shelby today (shock! texting at school?!) and she got an 84 on her Spanish final! She was very excited, as was I. I think I pulled something doing the "happy dance" for her :) Alix seems to be doing well on her exams, too. She got a 110 on a test in a computer class (can't remember the specific name of the class) and is doing very well in the other tests she has completed. I know they have both put a lot of time into preparing and I know God sees that and rewards it. Girls-I'm proud of you!! We may even have to celebrate at Sonic!

I've been going at a slower pace today, partly because I'm still not 100% from being sick (but then again, when am I ever 100%?!) and partly because I'm trying to listen to God. It's not easy to do, seriously. I really don't know how my brain goes a hundred miles an hour, but it does. Sad thing is, don't ask me what I'm thinking about cuz I probably can't tell you that either. I've got to work on that! Anyway, I did sit down and try to find some scriptures to go with my previous post. So far I've only come up with one. I wasn't sure how to even go about looking for scripture. I didn't want to use the "new creation" one...I've been a new creation for a long time! So I prayed about what it is that I blogged about that causes me to go through mental boxing matches and I came up w/disorganized, etc. Sooooo, here's the verse I found:

Ezekiel 11:19 (NIV)
19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

You know, as I thought about it, the "undivided" part made sense, but I didn't feel that I had a heart of stone. HOWEVER, this is what I felt I heard God say...if a heart is divided, it's not a whole heart. There are pieces of it in many different directions so how can it live, broken in pieces and divided between God, me, others, time, etc? In order for me to have a "heart of flesh", it has to be undivided, whole, so it can function as God created it to function. So for me to live as Christ created me to live, I have to have an undivided heart in ALL that I do. make sense?

I guess what I need to understand better now is the difference between "waiting on God" and being lazy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment