Wednesday, July 18, 2007

July 18, 2007

I still haven't heard from either of the girls while since they've been gone. I don't know whether to be glad or worried! I'm going for the "glad" since we as Christians aren't suppose to worry! They get back tomorrow so I'm sure I'll hear all kinds of stories at that time.
Mike and I have been enjoying our time together (and not in the way you're probably thinking, dirty minds!). We don't realize how hectic life really does get when there is so much to do with the girls, plus they command alot of attention that we lose track of our own time together. I think it's always good to have a few days here and there to spend w/your spouse without interruptions or cares of the world and reconnect. Try it!!
I had lunch w/Kayrene, my sister-in-law that's pregnant. She's going in Sunday night to be induced Monday morning. She's ready..but not. It's scary when it's your first one. You want to do everything right and try to be relaxed about it all as well. I sure remember that feeling! However, I think that we are still struggling with the "first child" issues as to not knowing how to handle things that we haven't had to handle before. Poor Shelby...she gets to be the guinea pig and she really doesn't like that role! Pray for us, seriously, that we can work through things with her without driving a wedge between all of us. She wants to grow up and we want to keep her safe and protected and haven't quite struck a deal on how that works the best for all of us!
Getting ready for dinner. I decided on chili tonight since it's only in the upper 90's vs the 100's =-) That with a good glass of wine and I'm settled in for a nice, quiet, last evening w/Mike.
Reconnect w/your spouse...it's sooo worth it!
m

No comments:

Post a Comment