Saturday, February 28, 2009

SO PROUD!


Today, February 28, 2009, my wonderful husband ran his first 10k race and finished!  Not that I didn't think he would finish but I thought I would just say that he finished so there was no confusion (:  I am truly proud of him.  He has worked hard to get to this point and yet has a bigger goal he's striving to obtain-a 1/2 marathon!  Now, I personally don't see the fascination of running and running and running.  It doesn't make any sense to me at all, but then again, I've never been a runner.  Not sure why..probably the fact that I've never done it without losing my breath and my chest hurting w/in 1 minute of starting!  It's just not "my thing".  To be honest, I haven't figured out what "my thing" is in regards to exercise.  I don't like it at all, although I know I should be doing something besides nothing.  One day...

Mike and his good friend, Jeremy Peterson, were up and headed to Fort Worth at 6:30 this morning to be there for the start of the race at 7:30 a.m.  Why do they have to start the race so early?  I'd be a much better cheerleader if it was later in the morning!  Unfortunately I did NOT go this morning for the race.  I have been sick and in bed for the last 2 days so I didn't want to postpone my wellness by going out in the 30 degree windy weather that greeted the runners this morning.  I did want to go and will plan on going for the next one and definitely for his 1/2 marathon but he was very understanding this morning.  So since I wasn't there to get his picture crossing the finish line I got a pic of him in "uniform" with his bib number on...in our backyard :)

Mike just came in and told me that there were 18,000 people in downtown Fort Worth for the Cowtown Marathon!  He said it was crazy packed with people.  Hard to run with so many people and I'm sure very frustrating especially if you're behind slow people!  He didn't come home scraped up or bleeding so he must have maintained a good speed and an upright position despite the mass of people!

I'll keep you posted on any other running activities he participates in and for sure when he does his 1/2 marathon!  That will be quite exciting!!  

He's off to bed now...he looks exhausted.  And I have a feeling that tomorrow afternoon will produce yet another opportunity for him to catch up on the sleep he ran away from early this morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment