Wednesday, February 18, 2009

YES, FREERANGE IS ONLY REFERRING TO CHICKENS AND TURKEYS...

After my post the other day about finding FreeRange blog reader/RSS feeder it all came crashing down on me.  I was sooo thrilled with the application and how well it worked and was integrated with my desktop.  That was until I tried to sync it the first time...no workie.  After reading the message boards (one of my ways of investigating various things "techie") it appears that FreeRAnge is no longer in business. :(  Very sad.

So, I've resorted back to Google Reader and am trying to make that work.  I think I've said before that I'm all about Google.  I am all things google-they're easy to understand and to work so anything I can use that has to do with Google, I'll do it!  After about 3 days of using Google Reader on my desktop and my phone, it seems to be working fairly well!

I'm sure you're asking either "what is a reader" or "why does she need a reader"?  I have several blogs that I like to keep up with. (I think I've mentioned that before)  It was too much for me to have each one bookmarked and then go to them all individually to see if they had new posts or not.  I wanted a centralized place that I could see all of them that I follow and could see if they had new posts or not.  That is what started this whole reader search!  Google Reader seems to do a very good job at keeping track of all of the blogs I follow and keeping them updated, so that was the number one thing I was looking for.

I also use it as my one-stop-source for catching up on news-local, national news, entertainment news, Nascar news, etc.  I'm not one to want to hop around to various bookmarked pages-I like "page-at-a-glance" things, therefore giving me the necessity of finding an RSS reader.

I guess none of it is really a necessity enough that it eats up so much of my time.  It makes me feel like I know what I'm doing and that the things I consider important are easily attainable in my day no matter if I'm home or in the car w/my phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment