Monday, June 23, 2008

June 23, 2008


No new HTML on here yet. I took a "brain break" last week so I may try to start working on it again =-) Shelby is gone to camp this week so I may have a little extra time to get on the computer! Between her and Alix, I get little time on the computer...at least the one that I can use to upload pics, etc.

I'm in the midst of possibly buying a clothesline...my "go green" item of the month =-) I found it on Craigslist over the weekend. After receiving our energy bill last week and seeing that it has jumped significantly, I thought "why not?" in trying to hang clothes out to dry. My biggest complaint is that I want my clothes to still be soft and smell good. No offense, Mom, but I remember her hanging clothes out to dry when we were kids and they were stiff and didn't' smell good. I'm hoping to be able to get the clothesline and also be able to "master" the art of hanging clothes and having them still be soft. Any ideas or suggestions? Mike suggested a clothesline a few weeks ago, but he didn't make it sound "cool" and present it as a "go green" idea, so I dismissed it. Sorry, Mike! You're so cutting edge that I don't even realize it...=-)
I did find this little blog entry from someone else and thought it appropriate:


Clotheslines are the new cool
And just like that, drying clothes on a line is hip. It will help save the planet and it's a way to make a green statement.
Funny, just a few weeks ago, I considered it trashy. I saw my neighbors drying their kids' clothes on a fence and I thought: "How country." And not in a good way.
Then after last week's Live Earth: The Concerts for a Climate in Crisis, I saw my other neighbors doing the sun-dried clothing thing and I thought: "Tres chic."
You can find really cool clotheslines at
Gaiam. You've got a choice between the Retractable Clothesline for 20 bucks, the Large Drying Rack for 89 bucks, and the new Breezecatcher Umbrella Drying Rack (pictured) for a 169 big ones. That's upscale, right?


Will keep you posted on the clothesline, if/when we get it. Hopefully it will be today and I can start playing with it this week!

1 comment:

  1. you know one of the biggest ways to go green is be a Vegan! Factory Farming methods are the biggest contributors of pollution and gasses being added to our environment. If you can't go all the way, try cutting out meat for one day then progress to two days then three and so on. Any little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete