Thursday, June 12, 2008

June 12, 2008




On Tuesday Alix & I had the privilege and honor to welcome home a 90 yr old WWII veteran at DFW Airport. It's a rather long story and I'll provide the link to the whole history of why he was returning from Paris.


Anyway, I can't tell you in words what it was like to shake his hand and tell him thank you. Our whole world was shaped by the actions of him and his fellow service men on D-Day in Normandy. Mike & I watched the HBO special series "Band of Brothers" (on DVD) a couple of months ago. It was a little rough, language-wise, but it's true stories of a parachute troop and all they encountered during the time from their air-drop until they headed to the Pacific. It put it all in perspective as to what they faced and now, in the 21st century, they're all but forgotten, let alone honored (those that are still alive). If you get the chance to watch that series, I highly recommend it. Like I said-beware of a lot of strong cussing, but it was war...

So here are some pics of Pilot Mr. Moreland who actually flew on D-Day..and the link to his story. I am so glad we took the time to go and welcome him home!

http://www.star-telegram.com/804/story/682508.html is the first article and then this is the link to the article after the homecoming



God bless the USA (especially during this election year...)

No comments:

Post a Comment