Thursday, August 23, 2007

August 23, 2007

Can you believe it's time for school already?! The summer went so quickly...at least for me! The girls think it drug on and on, but I'm just in shock that school starts next week! Alix and I went to get her schedule, ID, etc this morning at Medlin Middle School. It's hard to see my little baby girl going into the 7th grade and making decisions like a mini-adult! She's excited for the upcoming year. She's going to be doing cheerleading and volleyball. Unfortunately, she's decided to give up band and playing the flute. She did such a good job with it and was on her way to becoming really good, but one look at the rigor of the Wind Ensemble requirements and all that lies ahead for her, she decided that was one thing she could cut. Sad =-(
Shelby and I are gearing up for the home school adventure! We've both got such mixed emotions but are both confident that this is what we're suppose to be doing right now. She's having a little bit of a hard time listening to her friends talk about going back to school, etc but she'll see that she's not missing much once we get started. We've talked about it so long that we're just ready to get started. I've been getting in deep with the school calendar, etc and also trying to re-learn a lot just so I can help her understand! It will be a good mental exercise for my mush of a brain!
I hope you are all doing well. Let me know what's going on in your lives as your summer winds down!
Talk to you all later!
m

No comments:

Post a Comment