Tuesday, August 14, 2007

August 14, 2007

Hi guys! It seems like it's been forever so I thought I'd hop on and say "hi"! I've been enjoying the new little nephew, Ryan Jeffrey. He's so cute and such a little cuddle-bug! He just scrunches down and snuggles =-) I'm still the the midst of running Shelby back and forth to drivers ed. This is her last week, finally! She has received her permit, but hasn't officially started the driving part of the drivers ed. She also started a job this week and she's excited (I think-as much as a teenage girl can get over a job!) She's working at the cafe that is housed in the same building that Mike works. She runs the cash register, etc, and it's $! Pray that it lasts and she enjoys it. It's good for her to get out and not be stuck at home all of the time!
And, I guess the big news is that we are going to NYC in October for Alix's 13th birthday! She was so excited when we told her we were going. She's on the computer every day looking for places to eat, things to do, etc. It's going to be a quick trip, but she will be able to say she's been there and then be able to have a better idea on what she wants to do on an extended stay!
I've been working on home school stuff all day. It's draining mentally! I'm going through the books and trying to put together a timeline/lesson plan, whatever you call it! I'm going to be learning alot this year =-) Pray for me as you think about it that the year will go well and we/I will accomplish what I feel God has called me to do in regards to Shelby's education. Just pray that she learns what she needs to learn to have a good, solid foundation on which to continue to build her academic studies on!
That's about it for now. Just busy, busy, busy-but then again, who isn't these days?!
Talk to you later
m

No comments:

Post a Comment