Thursday, December 27, 2007

December 27, 2007

The actual "Christmas Day" is over, but I am still in the birth of Jesus celebratory mode! This year, more than before, I'm aware and in awe of what Christ did for me by coming to earth in human form. It goes beyond my imaginative grasp, but I'm thankful!
We had a great Christmas w/my family from Houston and my grandmother from Indiana. It was so good to get together again and see each other and laugh. Our house was full, but it was a good kind of full ;-)
Christmas Eve at my Mom and Dad's house was great, too. It seemed more relaxed this year, not sure why, but it was good. Christmas Day morning was just the four of us reading the Christmas story and opening our gifts. It was the first time in a long time we'd done that, but Betty and Bob wanted to spend time with Ryan (and Kayrene and Jeff!) for his first Christmas morning. That afternoon we went to Jeff and Kayrene's to have Christmas celebrations there. More food...we got to play with Jeff's new Wii. It was a lot of fun! I wasn't sure it would be that big of a deal, but it was fun. Our family now wants one when the price and novelty wear off a bit!
Now we are spending time w/Betty and Bob before they head back to Indiana on Sunday or Monday. Getting a lot of movie watching in!
The girls are gearing up to go to Colorado on Sunday. Shelby is excited, Alix is hesitant as usual ;-) I'm excited for them and know they will have a really good time. I can't wait to hear all of the fun things they do while they are there!
That's what we've been up to. How did you all survive the holidays?
I look forward to hearing from you!
m

No comments:

Post a Comment