Monday, November 12, 2007

November 12, 2007




So we went to the Texas Stampede/Rodeo on Friday which was followed up by a concert by Chris Daughtry (from American Idol). (The above video is of Chris-the sound wasn't the greatest and it was shot w/our still camera, but you get the general idea!) We had a really great time. It was Mike and myself, Shelby and a friend of hers. I always love the rodeo, except for the calf-roping. To me, that's cruelty to animals! Anyway, I love the bull riding, bronco riding, etc. One of the bull riders got thrown off and stepped on which scared the pooey out of us...He was down for several minutes, not moving. Eventually he got up and walked out. I read on the website that he got a concussion BUT he rode on Saturday for the full 8 seconds! What a cowboy!
The concert w/Daughtry was great. He did a great job. The sound wasn't the best, though. They didn't pipe it through the big main speakers but through the little sound system that Chris's band uses. It was just fun to see him and watch him perform after watching and voting for him when he was on Idol.
I think that's it for concerts this year! Quite the year! Although Alix is still working on getting to the Hannah Montanna concert this Wednesday! I'm listening to KSCS trying to win some. Who knows? I've done it before!!
Have a good one and I hope you're all doing well!
m

No comments:

Post a Comment